Investing in the North American Borderplex Region
The Borderplex Alliance is a regional non-profit organization dedicated to economic development and prosperity in the Ciudad Juárez, El Paso, and southern New Mexico region.
As a gateway for international trade, The Borderplex Alliance is the go-to resource for regional ideas, information, and influence. We are supported by a coalition of business, community and civic leaders, all with a shared vision - bringing new investment and jobs to the borderplex region and creating a positive business climate.
The Borderplex Alliance provides regional, national and international development, advocacy, representation, and support to businesses looking to expand their operations within the borderplex region.
"The Borderplex Alliance is the first regional organization that has successfully integrated the business leadership and business interest of Ciudad Juárez, El Paso, and southern New Mexico into a nonpolitical but focused economic and business development enterprise. The common interest of the region is now well served." Garrey Carruthers, President, New Mexico State University
Creating Jobs and Investments
Economic development is the primary goal of The Borderplex Alliance. It is with the support of our investors that we have been able to make significant accomplishments in a short amount of time. And with their continued support we are building a pipeline of opportunities that will continue growth within our region.
THE BORDERPLEX ALLIANCE's mission
The mission of The Borderplex Alliance is to maintain a healthy local economy by recruiting business and industry to the region consisting of El Paso, Texas, portions of southern New Mexico and the state of Chihuahua, Mexico.
about The Borderplex alliance
The Borderplex Alliance is a private, non-profit corporation funded mostly by businesses in the North American Borderplex region. This allows our organization to serve as a confidential, no-fee consultant to business and industry who are contemplating the expansion or relocation of their operations to the region. The Borderplex Alliance maintains close working relationships with the most prominent business and governmental leaders in the bi-national region. By drawing upon the extensive expertise and resources these entities have to offer—which can directly benefit your analysis of our region as a potential business location. The Borderplex Alliance provides a wide range of professional services including:
- Current Data: The Borderplex Alliance provides the most current business information on such items as business climate, labor force, quality of life, infrastructure, work force training options, taxation, regulation, and many other issues relevant to placing an operation in Texas, New Mexico, or Mexico. Most information can be provided in both electronic and hard copy format.
- Industrial Briefings and Orientations: The Borderplex Alliance provides a variety of briefings and orientations, to provide companies and consultants with current information on doing business in our region.
- Industrial Tours and Itinerary Development: When a company decides to visit our region to investigate the potential of locating here, The Borderplex Alliance will work with you to develop specific meetings and briefings to meet the unique requirements of your project. Our organization will plan coordinate and accompany you during the entire visit (in Mexico and in the U.S.).
- Access to Business Consultants: The Borderplex Alliance can arrange initial no-fee consultations with a diverse range of professionals licensed to practice in the United States and Mexico—including attorneys, custom brokers, bankers, CPAs and other business-related experts.
- Access to Government Decision Makers: Our organization has developed solid working relationships with government leaders both in the U.S. and Mexico that can have an impact on the successful implementation of your operation, and can gain ready access to these leaders at the local, state, and federal level.
- Site Selection Analysis: The Borderplex Alliance can quickly obtain and provide customized proposals for existing buildings, build-to-suit facilities, and available land sites.
- Supplier Assistance: The Borderplex Alliance arranges contact with local vendors, suppliers and contract manufacturers who have the ability to provide component parts and/or support services for your business.
- Assistance to Site Location Consultants and Brokers: The Borderplex Alliance assists site consultants, tenant rep firms, industrial realtors and others with research and itinerary development to support the needs of their clients. These leads will not be shared with other consultants.
- City of El Paso - Department of Economic Development
- El Paso Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce
- Innovate Texas Tech
- RIo Grande Council of Governments
- Mesilla Valley Economic Development Alliance
- Desarrollo Economico de Ciudad Juarez
- Workforce Solutions Upper Rio Grande